R: Re: Lazarus?

----- Original Message -----
From: pat gowen <patgowen@btconnect.com>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 11:30 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Lazarus?

> I have just come across something most remarkable this Friday 21st June
> evening. Checking out interlopers in our 145.800 - 146.000 MHz space band
> with a new vertical now atop my 60' tower and working like magic, at 1728
> UTC I came across a beacon at S.7 sending slow 8 -10 wpm CW on 145.973.8
> MHz. It slowly Dopplered down to 145.970 MHz before going out at 1739 UTC.
> full run of TLM went: -
>
>     Hi Hi
>    100  176  164  178
>    280  262  200  254
>    375  358  331  354
>    453  454  461  459
>    541  501  552  529
>    600  600  601  651
>    Hi  Hi
>
> It sounded VERY familiar, but, I'm dammned if I can recall which one it
was.
> Obviously an OSCAR, but which had the callsign W3OHI? Oscar-6,  7 or 8? I
> think it was OSCAR-6. If so, we have a new longevity record, even beating
> RS-1!
>
>  The beacon peaked S9 and there were S7 burbles some 10 - 20 KHz below the
> beacon, FSK'ing slightly as the beacon keyed. At times the beacon took on
> rough quality, wobbling in frequency, then coming back strong and quite
> stable again. Going by the QSB rate it had about a 1 minute spin.
>
> Could any veteran keen observers (who might look for it) please tell me
what
> it was, as I feel sure that any old time AMSAT OSCAR devotee may have a
far
> better memory than I!
>
> 73,   Pat,  G3IOR

Hi Pat G3IOR, ! !

Happy to hear from you again after hundreds  QSOs  on OSCAR-6 -7 and 8

The frequency of the beacon that you listen is that of OSCAR-7 nominally
145.972 MHz

The six channel telemetry format is also that of OSCAR-7

The beacon of  OSCAR-7 was also FSK  keyed

I should have some telemetry records of the beacon of OSCAR-7 but in 435.100
MHz and i will check about

Before to establish if our old 1974 bird is still alive in some way it is
necessary to get more receiving opportunity.

See you soon on AO40

73" de  i8CVS Domenico