Re: FD 2002 from Minnesota

John,

There seems to have been a change of opinion in the ARRL regarding how to
count satellite QSOs this year.  The ARRL now considers each satellite to be
a different band.  Below is a portion of the response I got from the ARRL
when I asked about Dupe checking satellite contacts.

>.Hi Lee:
>
>In essence, we consider each satellite to be a different "band", so a
>station could be worked on different satellites.  Since  stations may be
>re-worked on a band using different modes for QSO credit, you could
complete
>a CW, Digital and Phone QSO with the same station, on AO-40 for example,
and
>all count for QSO credit.

[other questions/answers edited]

>Good luck with Field Day 2002.