Field Day Activities

The Indian River Amateur Radio Club will be operating FD from Merritt
Island, FL, EL98.  We will be running 6A/QRP/Battery under the club callsign
W4NLX.  We will be active on FO20, FO29, UO14, AO27, ISS, PCSat and AO40.

On AO40 we're hoping to work CW, Hellschrieber and Phone on both L/S and
U/S.  Needless to say being QRP a lot of our success will depend on other
stations avoiding the temptation to run excessive power on the uplink.  Last
weekend I checked out the FD station using 4.5 watts and was able to make
some voice QSOs.  CW was workable with as little as 1/2w of uplink power.
Looking back at the telemetry archive, the U-AGCs were running 10-15 dB
during the same time which is unfortunately fairly typical.

We're looking forward to talking with everyone on all the satellites.

73,
Lee-KU4OS