From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Nagesh
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 9:37 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] vusat

Thanks for all those who replied to my earlier mail on the subject.
Seeing the replies it looked that I didn't convey the message properly!!
So I repeat it with further clarification:
The problem is with the vhf downlink (145MHz) and command
uplink (149 MHz) frequencies. Once the ham transponder is commanded, the vhf
downlink will be on and it will block the command RX and no further
commanding would be possible. Designers are finding it hard to develop
filters with 4MHz separation and there is a problem of overlap.
                This is the problem to which we are looking for a solution!

-nagesh
ham@vsnl.com

Nagesh Upadhyaya
Co-ordinator, Amsat-India