Re: Vote for Victor

Dave Guimont wrote:

My vote for "Victor"
I made two very easy contacts with Mike, N1JZE and Jess, W4MVB.
Using an OLD KLM 22C and an OLD Kenwood TR751A on the downlink.  I use the
TR751 primarily as a beacon monitor, and it was handy to have it in place when
the Mode V test was on this AM.  About 100 watts up the pipe, 38' of feedline
produced absolutely no noise, on 435, and I'm using a 145 IF.

Wayne replies:

Did you receive the S-band downlink with a TVRO dish?  The V/S2 downlink definitely wasn't "easy" copy for me using a 60cm G3RUH dish, patch feed, and DEM preamp.

I'm a bit confused about what you're saying though.  You listened for desense on 435 MHz?  Or did you mean to say you had no desense on your 144 MHz IF when transmitting on 145.8 MHz?  If so, what's the distance between your V and S antennas?

I heard you just before I shut down the radio to go to work.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA