Re: AO-40 FD Newbies

At risk of self-immolation...my $0.02 to add to your three points

1. Please avoid "swishing" your TX in an effort to "find yourself"
(sounds Zen-like).
On other birds it is an annoyance but on AO-40 it can be downright
maddening.  The additional power density you add when you pass over my
QSO often sets off LEILA, so I have to wait until it stops yelling to
continue.  (Yes this happens to me a LOT).  Set your TX freq well away
from the MB, vary RX to find your own D/L, and based on that pair you
should be able to do the final Doppler correction to get where you wanna
go.
Bring a calculator (I can't do that kind of math in my head well, at
least not at 1am!)
But serially, hope to work many stations this weekend, new and old!