Re: New elevation rotor possability!

Hi Ray,

Thanks for posting a link to the Prosistel elevation rotor. It's
interesting to say the least.

A few months ago, I made a trade for some General Instrument Actuator
Controllers. They were fairly inexpensive and the TVRO actuators are
readily available (equals cheap) as well. A local dish dealer was happy
to clear out his used inventory of actuator arms for $5 each!

I've been playing around with the same idea although my mounting system
is vastly different since it's based on the polar mount from a PrimeStar
dish. I have some work to do on that part. But the actuators make a very
hefty elevation system and these little actuator controllers allow for
programming of up to 40 positions. My thought is to program 80 degrees
of elevation leaving the other 10 degrees (81 to 90 degree positions)
out of the picture for AO-40. The controllers don't allow for true
elevation readout but I think I can made due.

Strong elevation rotation at less than $100 might be possible.

Best wishes,

Mark - N0NSV