vusat

In the vusat transponder design we are confronted with a cirtical problem
from the satellite designers:
  As you  might be knowing by this time, we have chosen the uv mode (B)
(145MHz downlink) for vusat and gone ahead with making the working model.
Now the satellite designers are waking up to the reality of planned use of
149MHz for Telecommanding the satellite. The S-band, which is generally used
on our other satellites for commanding is ruled out because of power  and
other constraints.
Amsat-India is not able to change the mode of operation at this stage
because of time and resource crunch as well as the difficulty in using  vhf
uplink due to qrm from various terrestrial sources well know to hams.
Any way out? Comments from satellite designers and experts in the field is
most welcome!

-nagesh
ham@vsnl.com

Nagesh Upadhyaya