Re: ao-40

>Hamtronics makes one. Down East Microwave also has one, but it's
>available assembled only, according to their website. I have one of the
>Hamtronics units, and it works fine. It's actually for WxSats at
>137.5MHz, but the design is the same.

Just a note that you might consider the 144/28 xvtr kit that DEM offers as
an IF for their microwave equipment...think it is only like $60.  This is
not the 25w version listed in the 2m section of the catalog but one that
only outputs 10 or so mw.  Look under the 2.4 GHz or higher sections.  You
wouldn't even need to assemble the Tx side of it if you only wanted a Rx conv.

Ed, AL7EB