AO40 bands for FD

I've been wondering about how to count AO40 contacts.

It would seem to me that if both stations change modes such as starting on
L/S and both switch to U/S it would be counted as another band.  If only one
station changed modes then it would not count as a new QSO.  My question
comes about when you start considering L1/S and L2/S.  Is that enough of a
change to count?

Naturally the logging software our club wants to use has no provision for
satellites but that's another issue.

73,
Lee-KU4OS

"Winners compare their achievements with their goals, while losers compare
their achievements with those of other people."
      -- Nido Qubein