Re: Re: [aprssig] APRS Field Day operation 2002

Bob,

The AMSAT Field Day rules are restrictive in the area of APRS for
PCsat and ISS digipeating if you have not read those rules. They can
be found at http://www.amsat.org/amsat/activities/amsatfd.html

The text below is verbatim from the AMSAT rules concerning APRS
message contacts via ISS and PCsat:

"Satellite digipeat QSO's and APRS short-message contacts are worth three
points each, but must be complete verified two-way exchanges. Remember,
only one digipeat contact is allowed for the ISS and one for PCSat."

Since the ARRL rules do not single out PCsat and ISS, there is some
discontinuity that may create some concern if somebody acknowledges
more than one station via these orbiting digipeaters.

73's.

Tim - N8DEU
Huntsville, Alabama