Re: 2m uplink - protecting downconverter

Wayne Estes W9AE wrote:

> Only ONE coaxial relay is required to switch between the 2m antenna
> (TX+RX) and the downconverter output.

Of course, you are right.  I composed that reply shortly after having
spent awhile fiddling with my 902 and 1296 transverters, and my brain
was still focused on splitting Tx/Rx with one relay to go to separate
preamp and power amp, and then re-combining with another Tx/Rx relay
to the antenna.

                   o--- downconverter --- preamp ---< 2.4 GHz antenna
2M transceiver --o/
                   o---< 2M antenna

                SPDT
             coax relay

Otherwise, your solution was quite similar to mine -- mainly that
you flip a switch to enable the downconverter and move the relay
into the proper position, and inhibit 2M transmit, all in one step.

73 de KB0ZEV