FT-847 VS Transystem DC injector power

I'm running the AIDC 3731	 via the 18V dc injector i switch to the internal FT-847 DC power source who's
rated at 13.8V 300ma, I dont know the power requirement on the AIDC 3731 but the only one difference
appears to be the noise level reduction of about 2 S units middle beacon signal remain unchanged.

Did any one running FT-847 experienced the same results?
Luc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
          http://www.qsl.net/ve2dwe/