apr9600

We have a message beacon in the VUSAT configuration. This is
developed by Srikanth, vu2sbj. We are using APR9600 single-chip voice
recording and playback device from APLUS INTEGRATED CIRCUITS INC.,
for recording messages in the same. As per the data sheet this is
supposed to be having non-volatile storage but on wiring the device
we've found it to be volatile - the voice recording goes off when the
power is switched off.
Data sheet doesnot specify any specific way to use it in volatile or
non-volatile mode.
Anyone having experience with this chip may please send me details as
to how to use it in the non-volatile fashion. I guess there should be
some specific way by which it can be done and probably we are missing
on that!

Please reply to:
nagesh, ham@vsnl.com
Cc: sri, sri@zetainfo.com