Re: ARR vs SSB preamps

Hello Karl,

Both brands will have low noise figure and decent gain performance.

However.....

Depending on your RF electromagnetic environment, The ARR preamplifier
is
broader then the ham band and other nearby commercial emitters may
saturate it.
like FAA radios, pagers, TV stations, etc.

The band pass filter in the SSB or LANDWEHR mast mounted preamplifiers
have greater immunity from out of band energy.

I prefer the LANDWEHR, the pass band is narrow and where I want it,
and was the cost effective choice.

Stan, WA1ECF    Cape Cod, MA  FN41