Re: helix location vs focus

Ok, I've been holding off on saying this, but... I do have one piece of
advice from much experience with dishes.  That is you can guess/calculate
the focal point first if you desire, but if you are
designing a mount for the feed, make it adjustable (in and out).  Careful
tweaking of the focal point often can make a few to several dB of
difference.

Once you acquire the signal, it should be obvious what the best point for
your feed/dish/construction errors combination is with tweaking.

So, please make the focal length on your dishes adjustable.  You'll be glad
you did.

Fred W0FMS