Re: helix location vs focus

Hi Cliff,

The dish I'm using is a pretty standard BBQ-style grill,
covered with window screening.  I think these things have
an F/D of about 0.3 - 0.4 or so.  The focal length is 10",
with a top-to-bottom length of 32", so that matches.  The
feed is central, not offset.

So, it sounds like I may have an odd-ball canned helix.  I
re-measured the position of the feed, and 10" gets you from
the dish to the lip of the 2" deep 4" diameter can.  But, I
didn't re-experiment with the feed position when I removed
the support stick.  Perhaps I should...

73s,

Greg.