Amsat-UK News Archive

Gang

I've been running "news" for Amsat-UK for over 25 years now (phew)
and have archived the scripts (and that month's keplers) since 1985.

In the interest of people researching the history of amateur radio
satellites and, maybe, for a trip down memory lane, these archives
are now available on Amsat-UK's "satnews" web page (link below). Simply
click the year at the bottom of the page to download the news items of
that year; if you're not sure which year then take a look at the
"roundup" in each December's piece for major items only.

Sadly the odd month is missing here and there but there's the
occasional extra bit too. All files started off in WordStar format;
if anyone spots anything untoward please let me know - I could have
missed something in the conversion.

Material is presented as plain text files that you can read with
Notepad or other plain-text viewers. This news is gathered largely from
electronic sources (Telemail, packet radio, ANS, various web pages,
and individuals on amsat-bb). These are raw scripts for Amsat-UK's
end-of-month 80m nets so they may contain other comments.

see <http://www.uk.amsat.org/satnews.htm> for the archive

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org