Re: Re: Satellite QSL etiquette

Send reply to:  	"Don Woodward" <dbwoodw@abraxis.com>
From:           	"Don Woodward" <dbwoodw@abraxis.com>
To:             	<amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Subject:        	[amsat-bb] Re: Satellite QSL etiquette
Date sent:      	Sun, 9 Jun 2002 12:03:53 -0400

> Thanks to all who replied on QSL etiquette.
>
> One more question... What are IRC's and where do I get them?

IRC's are International Reply Coupons, current cost is $1.75 in the U.S.
They are purchased from a post office and are sent to someone overseas. That
person can then present the IRC at their post office (in a participating
country) and exchange it for a First Class Airmail stamp for the return letter.

IRC's come in two flavors. The newer ones are about the size of a qsl card. The
older ones are about 3" by 4". The older ones have a longer life span than the
newer ones.

73...bruce

73...bruce

Bruce Paige, KK5DO                                      kk5do@arrl.net
Houston, Texas
AMSAT VP-User Services & Awards Manager
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CST on W0KIE AMC-7, T5,
7.5Mhz