Old C band dish antenna conversion to 2.4Gig

With the summer season coming here it will the time fot outside antenna installation and testing. To
maximized and improve my time/results ratio i started to play with the dish design tools (w3pm & gn4yre).

The maximum gain calculated on a 10' dish is 34DB! my commercially built linear feed BBQ grill is rated
at 38.8DB...! My reasonning is am i going in the right direction in a way to improve my S band rx
capabilities?

I always prefer to do the maths instead the work... others things to do, but before discarding the  big
UGLY TVRO thing as XYL says i want to be sure that my maths are ok if not this will a key factor in
negociating vital backyard spaces...HI.
Luc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator