Re: U0-11 S band power and ant

>This beacon is a useful test
>source for those testing mode-S converters, as an alternative to OSCAR-40.

I keep seeing this statement, but, forgive me, it seems backwards.

UO-11 is very weak, very high doppler shift, and relative to AO-40, very
short passes.  There's no modulation to know that you've really got the
right bird (or even ANY bird), and the signal's LHCP so you'll loose
20-odd dB if you use your RHCP AO-40 setup.

It would seem to me that AO-40 is a good test source for those wanting
to practice for UO-11.

Greg  KO6TH