Re: helix location vs focus

>   I read somewhere (can't remember) that you should place the
>   bottom (i.e. feedpoint) of the helix at the focus of the dish.

I seem to recall someone on this BB experimenting, and finding
that the hot spot was at the end of the first turn for a simple
helix.  My own experiments seem to put the hot spot at the mouth
of the can, for "canned helix" antennas.

The best thing to do is to create (or locate) a weak signal
source, and adjust it for best signal.  Then, let the rest of
us know where it is!

Greg  KO6TH