Re: Re: making a dish.

Hello:
While reading these messages about alternative methods
of building a dish, I remembered a neat idea I saw once
but which hasn't (I think) been discussed here.  While working
on the TDRSS antennas, we needed to put together several
dishes quickly.  One of the engineers had the idea to have
the machine shop 'route' out the proper shape in a block of
styrofoam and then cover the surface with aluminum tape.
The feed was built with waveguide, which we stuck through
a hole drilled in the center of the dish.

While this method may have some drawbacks ( need a CNC
routing / milling machine ) it seemed like this info
might be usefull to _someone_ <g>.

HTH es 73
mike KU4AD