Re: making a dish.

Hi Scott,

I have done several attempts to make an light weight disc.
You can use aluminium (on plastic) foil that is used as heat reflector
behind heaters.

Rescue blankets (aluminium foil) will also work.

This material is strong, but to have extra protection I have made it between
polyethylene fabric (used as cover, or ground in tents)

I made two versions, one inflatable, and the other none inflatable.

Look at the following amsat-dl website, there are picures of my dish:

On my own webpage I have also pictures of the inflatable version:

Total costs are less than 25 Euro :-) And the none inflatable was tested
with good results .-)

73 de PE1RAH, William