AW: Problems with RS15 mode

Hi William,
Congrats for your letter.I'm licensed till 1991 and from the start on i'm
interested in satellites.A lot of publications in this time (AO13) told me
that with FT290/2 andFT790/2 plus 25W and small Antennas you can get this
bird easily.Never mind.
I'm a family father at this time and there where two childs in the age of 10
and 6 years.I managed to buy the equipment  -but with every try to the Sat
there stand up a new problem/investion.After a while I sold all the
equipment and was very sad.
Now there is AO 40 and this Sat also is not so easy to work as it looks
like.
So I definitely understand your sadness - as always :you are alone in the
field!(But with a little help from your friends!)
In the meantime I have spent a lot of money to build a new ,better,but
nevertheless not cheaper Satstation:IC 821H,AIDC3733 Konvertor,60cm Dish(UKW
Berichte) G3RUH Patch feed ,and so on ,my childs are now 20 and 16 years old
(and so on - you know what I want to say!).With every try to connect to the
Sat ,there where new Problems - but nevertheless I'm proud to be a member of
the gang and in the business.And if my new House is ready  and I find this
little Pot of Gold .......
What I want to say:A lot of people talking a lot of stuff....But you are a
very impressive guy - don't be nervous you are on the right way(nobody on
this reflector had done all the things right for the very first time!)

Good Luck and best wishes,
Manfred ,OE3SFU