Re: Problems with RS15 mode

To DK2ZF,

Maybe I am posting to much messages at AMSAT-BB with my problems.
I agree that not many amateurs do believe in lunar missions, but on the
other hand they LOVE to hear about a Mars mission. Why MARS and not the MOON
? (I still got no real good answer to it)

Then I did post many messages about bad recieving signals from the AO40 with
my low cost NORSAT convertor. All was true.
I did also wrote that "recieving AO40 with this NORSAT is impossible" while
I got many e-mail of amateur who I not could hear with this convertor.

Ofcourse the problem was an pre-amp => BUT MANY AMATEURS DID TELL ME THAT AN
PREAMP WAS NOT NECESSARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now after spending lots of Euros I find out an pre amp is a MUST.
I am just an student, and I can not emediatly spend lots of Euros, compaired
to the many (most of them retired) amateurs.

I just want to make this AMSAT-BB some more technical, and try to start some
discussions. I know most amateurs like chatting on the FM birds, but I like
more the technology and try to find some solutions where other amateurs say
"it is impossible".

E.G You did not mention that many amateurs replied negative on my question
if the material of emergency blankets do reflect HF. Later on I have even
made an dish of this material, what has been measured at AMSAT-DL with
possitive results !!!

Second I have here an lineair mode-vu transponder what will fly on VUSAT.
All designed, made, financed by my self ! How many amateurs can/want/like to
do this for the AMSAT world?

So who has to be seen as an serious amateur ????

Please, don't make conclussions before you know all details...

73 de PE1RAH, William
---