STS launch - to whom it may concern...

For those people who are still believing that at launch time ISS
must be near the launch site:

>KSC RELEASE NO. 56 - 02
>
>SHUTTLE MISSION STS-111 LAUNCH TIME ANNOUNCED FOR LAUNCH ON JUNE 5
>
>        Following the successful replacement and retest of a faulty gaseous
>nitrogen regulator valve on the left Orbital Maneuvering System pod of the
>Shuttle Endeavour, NASA mission managers have set the launch of Mission
>STS-111 for Wednesday, June 5. The preferred launch time is 5:22:48 p.m.
>EDT.

5:22:48 p.m. EDT  ==>  21:22:48 UTC Launch time

At that moment ISS is on the other side of the globe, near the west coast
of Australia, nearly antipodal, ca. 50 minutes away from the launch site...

73, Udo, DL7OL ***

P.S. BTW, the estimation of my program STS2ISS is 21:22 UTC because
     it prints only rounded minutes, the "internal" value is 21:22:23;
     25 seconds of difference 8-)