RUDAK MA 128-160

I'm quite ignorant of what's going on with RUDAK now, and what's planned for
RUDAK in the future.  I would like to know:

1. Is there a "RUDAK for Dummies" somewhere on the web?  Something that
describes the communications link and possible applications.  Not a
description of the hardware.

2. What is being done with RUDAK now?  (I think it's being used to download
data from one or more experimental payloads onboard AO40)

3. Will RUDAK ever be used for user communications of some kind?  If so,
would it be real-time communication or some kind of store-and-forward file
server?  Or something completely different?

I'm basically an analog guy.  About the only thing I know about RUDAK is
that it's a digital thing that consumes so much power that the transponder
has to be shut off.  I would like to know more about its present and future
uses.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA