Re: wx proof

Bob - W7LRD asked (in part):
> I am a day or two from getting on AO-40.  My rx system works very well.
A smaller primestar dish with a 3731aa down converter.  How concerned
should I be about weather proofing the down converter, and the helix feed?
I live near Seattle, it rains a lot here.

It doesn't rain in Seattle, it just drizzles 350 days a year!

The downconverter was built for outdoor mounting.  Unless you have done
something to damage the waterproofing, I would not worry about it.

73
Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org
Mobile Radio Operations