R: AO-40 Ku-Tx power

----- Original Message -----
From: Howard Long <howard@howardlong.com>
To: Viktor Kudielka <viktor.kudielka@ieee.org>; <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 12:54 PM
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] AO-40 Ku-Tx power

> Hello Viktor
>
> > Any other observations ?
>
> Another (unconnected) observation around MA127 was that there was an
> intermittent extremely strong carrier about 15kHz high of the beacon. This
> was so large that the beacon dropped several dB. The carrier also desensed
> my 70cm uplink so badly I could barely hear myself.
>
> The carrier was also often right on top of QSOs.
>
> The carrier did not seem to be affected by LEILA, but I don't think it was
> on the L1 uplink as it was not FMing unlike some other signals on the
> passband at that time. The L2 uplink was not on (yesterday L2 & L1 were on
> at the same time) according to the telemetry I gathered at the time.
>
> 73 Howard G6LVB

Hi Howard and Viktor

This morning  day 4  june orbit 732 L1 & L2 where on at the same time from
MA 036 to MA 116 and i got QSO with i1YK, ON5NY, G3IRQ, and LU5EWR
demostrating to the above friends the signal strenght difference uplinking
on L1 & L2 bands using the same power.

The L1 downlink was stronger  by about 10 dB than the L2 downlink using
the same uplink power.

The L1 was very strong and affected by the well know FMing and the L2 was
not affected,sounded very clear but it was very weak in comparison to L1

73" de i8CVS Domenico