RE: AO-40 beginner having some probs!

Hi Sco,

You have a low gain dish and downconverter. Your results sound about right
for your setup.

>> Results of nothing at all?

I have the SSB downconverter and the old BBQ dish. What are you using for
cable?  It must be low loss too or you won't get a signal to your receiver.
I have 75ft of Bury Flex.

>> I'm using the satellite cable that I installed with the analogue Sky
system originally.  It shouldn't make much difference at 144Mhz anyway I'd
have thought, due to the gain of the downconverter (theres only about 8m)??

Regards,

Richard
M0EXE