RE: AO-40 beginner having some probs!

Hi Rick,

I assume your S3 noise level is produced by the downconverter.

>> Yep, theres nout on the meter with it switched off.

Try aiming your dish up into the cold sky and then at your house or the
ground.

>> Ok, did try that yesterday during the day too.  The signal does vary
slightly but not significantly different when pointed at the Sun, but if I
am to expect a 4Db noise difference with a 1m dish I guess that would be
less with the 60cm dish I'm using.  Therefore hardly noticeable on the
signal meter (6Db to an 'S' point normally)??

Regards,

Richard
M0EXE