RE: AO-40 Ku-Tx power

Hello Viktor

> Any other observations ?

Another (unconnected) observation around MA127 was that there was an
intermittent extremely strong carrier about 15kHz high of the beacon. This
was so large that the beacon dropped several dB. The carrier also desensed
my 70cm uplink so badly I could barely hear myself.

The carrier was also often right on top of QSOs.

The carrier did not seem to be affected by LEILA, but I don't think it was
on the L1 uplink as it was not FMing unlike some other signals on the
passband at that time. The L2 uplink was not on (yesterday L2 & L1 were on
at the same time) according to the telemetry I gathered at the time.

73 Howard G6LVB