Re: Patch plans anyone?

In a message dated 5/30/02 11:58:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
howard@howardlong.com writes:

> Does anyone have any plans for a patch antenna made on PC Board?
>
>  I would guess that the PC Board will have to be a particular type.
>
>  My intention is to try stacking a number of them on a single board as an
>  experiment, so RHCP would be nice.

Howard,

There was a two part article in VHF Communications Q1 and Q2 2001 titled
"Modern Patch Antenna Design" by DG8GB. I haven't read it all yet, but the
articles focus on building a patch for Meteosat (1691 MHz) using Rogers
RT-Duroid RO4003 material.

The articles used "Pcaad21" and "patch16" for design. Both available on the
web. The author found the numbers generated in "patch16" to be closer to
measured values. "PUFF" was used for matching sections.

Good stuff so far. Now to find time to finish the articles.... Hope this
helps!

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649