RE: IC-706MKII-G satellite rig ?? opinions need

Hello Ramon

> Hi have previst purchase the Icom IC-706MKIIG
> ist posible work satellites whit this rig ??

On its own, the IC-706MKIIG is not full duplex.

I have used this radio to operate the LEO's and AO-40, but I use it with an
IC-R10 and a CT-16 for full duplex and passband tracking (and a
downconverter for AO-40).

See: http://www.g6lvb.com/AO40Port2.htm

The configuration shown works but is not recommended for serious operations
on AO-40. It's very marginal for SSB except in rare situations, useable for
CW.

On the LEO's it works quite well except

(a) the IC-R10 suffers quite badly in strong signal areas
(b) the SSB filters are rather wide for amateur purposes

You could use the radio on its own, but I like to be able to hear my own
downlink.

73 Howard G6LVB