Re: Connectors for dish feeds

Another possibility would be high-quality TNC connectors.  Precision
BNC (and TNC) connectors with a solid outer ring, rather than spring
fingers, are not very common, but have the same dimensions as N
connectors and are suitable for higher frequencies, although the
coupling mechanism of TNC connectors is to be preferred.  I have used
TNC connectors successfully as high as 10GHz.

I definitely do NOT recommend using RG-8X for S-band signals, as the
shield coverage is insufficient.  RG-223, LMR-200 or 240 would be
better choices.  Many years ago I was working on a microwave test set
where someone had replaced several RG-214 cables (double-shielded) with
RG-213 (same dimensions, but single-shielded).  The leakage was
considerable.

73,
Bob N7XY