Re: ISS

> > Has anyone heard what has happened to the packet station on ISS ?
> > Not a peep in quite awhile.

Check on 145.825.  I doubt it, but we did ask them to consider QSYing the
ISS TNC for a week or so test on 145.825 to see if we could operate PCsat
and ISS as a dual digipeater satelltie constellation.  Since (when PCsat
is in positive power budget) they both operate with the same MYALIAS of
ARISS, and if they were on the same frequency, then they would be
identical to all users.

Thus to users on the ground, they would get 12 passes a day instead of
just 6.  AND it would be fun to try for dual hops across the oceans...
(though practically impopssible due to QRM)...

Anyway, just a thought.

NEVERMIND, I just checked the live ARISS donwlink page and see that the
last packet was over a day ago.  If ISS had QSY'ed to 145.825 they would
still show up, since Steve Dimse's worldwide APRS database doesnt care how
the packets get there, and there are APRS IGates montoring on 145.825 all
the time anyway for PCsat...

ISS Downlink:   http://www.ariss.net
PCsat downlink: http://pcsat.aprs.org

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob