Neat new software available from sbms

I just received this message from the sbms reflector and though others may
find
this of interest:
Hello Microwavers,
Recently we have added some new articles and drawings to
the SBMS web pages, in the San Diego Technical Papers section.
They include:
Modifying a Qualcomm/Globalstar 1.6 Ghz 5-8 watt PA to 1.3 Ghz.
Modifying TVRO 12 GHz LNBs for 10 GHz LNA use.
***
Excel spreadsheets for NF/NT measurement by comparison of
Earth vs. cold sky rcvr noise output.
http://www.ham-radio.com/sbms/sd/swindex.htm
***
Updated Slot Antenna design program in BASIC (with warnings!)
And items related to P-Com 23 GHz conversion to 24 GHz, such as
K6VLM's 3072-432 U/D Converter schematic, parts list, and pcb
layout of the newly produced boards.
K6VLM's i.f. filter design for 3072 and 2208 MHz
WB6IGP modification of the Qualcomm DRO Synthesizer to 2640 MHz.
These can be found at:
http://www.ham-radio.com/sbms/sd/
73s from Ed Munn, W6OYJ
(858) 453-4563

***In particular the spreadsheets for calculating system NF by measuring
cold-sky/hot-earth!

Enjoy!

Ed
AL7EB