400 baud telemetry modem

All,

  I recall seeing a design for the 400 baud TLM modem used on AO-40 and
other S/C based on an MXCOM chip.  However, I do not recall the source.  Can
someone point me to a kit or the design paper?

Also,  I see programs available for AO-40 and IDEFIX.  Do these programs run
using a soundcard?  Can I simply connect audio from a receiver to the
soundcard alleviating the need for the modem?

Any help will be appreciated.

TNX es 73,
John, AA3XN