Re: IDEFIX pass over Malaysia - May 14, 2002

Hello David,
thank you for the report. The temperatures  are quite low in the
payloads (-17 deg celsius) but still largely within the expected range
(-30 + 60). The payloads are in obscurity since almost 48 hours now and
the third stage keeps on revolving around itself. We expect the payloads
to recover illumination within 24 hours.
However, the low temperature has a drawback which is a reduced capacity.
CU2 has approximately 6 days ahead of energy if temperature rises again
while CU1 has approximately a minimum of 13 days of energy.

It is therefore important that every bit of telemetry be collected.

Best 73.