AO-40 antenna testing and RUDAK

I'm very pleased to see RUDAK testing resume, but it has also made life
more confusing, especially if unscheduled testing is needed.  Right now,
i need some kind of 2.4GHz signal for antenna debugging and most of the
time, the encoding isn't very important to me.  When i can't hear the
Main Beacon, i've tried the four RUDAK frequencies and so far, haven't
heard anything.  What makes this awkward for me is that i can't tell if
my antenna(s) and/or downconverter are working.

Perhaps this is a question already answered elsewhere...  I understand
that RUDAK causes interfence with the analog passband, but is the reverse
also the case?  To wit, what is the reason the MB is turned off during
RUDAK operation?  If it is off, where else can i find a 2.4GHz signal
for testing (beside the LEO[s] which so far seem to move too fast for
an 'armstrong' tracking system)>?
				    -- KD6PAG