From: "Phil Karn" <karn@maggie.ka9q.net>
To: <quadpugh@bellsouth.net>
Cc: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] pav pause

>A little off subject however can some one tell me if the pav pause radar on
>217.mhz is still operating in Texas?

If by "pav pause" you meant "PAVE PAWS", that's an entirely different
radar system than the space surveillance radar on 217.98. PAVE PAWS is
a phased array radar system operating on 70cm (we share it with them)
at three sites in Alaska, California and Massachusetts. A Google
search will turn up many hits on this system.

Phil