Re: Re:Re: Info about OSCAR on Moon surface

>When talking about the AMSAT-DL P5 (Mars) project, not many complain. Now I
>start the P4 idea and many complains haha.

If a Mars mission were promoted as a way for earthbound hams to
communicate with each other, I think you'd hear a lot of complaining.
The only reason to send a radio relay to Mars is the same reason I
previously stated for the moon: to act as a relay for some other
mission.

If you're simply after the technical challenge of hearing a radio
beacon in deep space, try ACE (Advanced Composition Explorer). See
http://www.srl.caltech.edu/ACE/

ACE is at the L1 point between earth and sun, 1.5 million km from
earth. That's considerably farther than the moon at only 400,000
km. Yet its 434 bps S-band "real time solar wind" (RTSW) signal can be