Re: FCC elevates hams to primary status, 2400-2402 MHz

Ray wrote:

> ...okay, write letters, all 3 dozen or so Hams who will eventually
> write and say, "Oh, please let us use AO-40 without any interference, my
> neighbor's phone now wipes my downlink out..."
>>
> We'll NEVER have even a FRACTION of enough clout to battle this.  WE
SHOULD
> BE GLAD THE ARRL HAS ACTED TO GET THIS MUCH ON OUR BEHALF.

Wayne replies:

I wasn't suggesting that U.S. hams could ever get part 15 devices away from
2401 MHz.  I was merely suggesting that the ARRL should not tell the FCC
that "we don't mind interference from Part 15 devices".  I think the ARRL
should either say nothing or say that it IS a problem to some hams.  The
ARRL should not falsely claim that it's not a problem.  It has nothing to do
with any expectation to make Part 15 devices to go away.  It has to do with
being truthful and making your preference known.

You are correct about the "primary allocation" being a mere proposal.  I
guess I jumped to conclusion when I read that it was proposed by the FCC,
not a mere petition from the ARRL.  My subject line was not not a correct
summary of the facts.

I think the two proposed new ham bands is wonderful news, but it's not
relevant to the topic of amateur satellites.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA