Re: Monitoring RUDAK?

>RUDAK seems to be very busy indeed, though you need to be a bit frequency
>agile to follow the downlink changes.  WISP works ok, but is there a better
>approach to monitoring the operations now?  The multiple callsigns are a
>complications.
>

>Alan
>WA4SCA

Alan,
Wisp is probably your best bet right now.
Yesterday we were switching back and forth between A and B to get the
software loaded (which reduces power consumption).  Today ops will probably
be focused on the A.  Stacey just switched back to the beacon for a few
minutes in order to power cycle the CEDEX experiment which has come alive
but is logging only time stamps.  We saw that behavior last year and a
power cycle cleared it.  The GPS receiver was turned on yesterday and
seemed to be working just fine.  We started logging data from it this
morning and it appeared to be seeing satellites.  The data file ending 1200
U was downloaded and sent to GSFC where they will examine it to see if the
data are valid.
Mike, KE4AZN, is working on some tweaks to his station so he will be able
to help download data files so you may see his call in the downlink from
time to time.
The callsigns are simple, The A processor uses RUDAKA-11 and 12, the B
processor uses RUDAKB-11 and 12.  The best way to set this up in Wisp is
probably to build satellites called RUDAKA and RUDAKB with the same keps as
AO-40.  Set their callsigns as above.  Then when you change
frequencies/RUDAKS just change satellites.
A more complete report will follow.

Jim
wd0e@amsat.org