Re: Easy, Easy SATGATES!

Hi

This is probably a rather foolish question.

Packet Radio is rather new to me, and my knowledge and understanding of
packet is still rather thin (but I'm learning). The only real use I've made
of packet is with satellites.

I've been sending UI packets through both the ISS digi and PC sat.
Previously I used Baycom software and a TNC I built from a TCM3105 pulled
from an old modem, but more recently I've made use of two great software
solutions - the AGWPE and UIview.

I read Bob's (WB4APR) email about using a TM-D700 as a SGATE, to digipeat
packets from the NO-44 downlink on to the local APRS frequency.

I've experimented by sending packets with ARISS in the path, on the local
APRS frequency, and seen that these indeed arrive at www.ariss.net.

So.. is it possible to use UIview to digipeat PCsat downlink packets onto
the local ARPS frequency?

I ask only about the technical possibility - I'll check with my local club
about the regulatory restrictions.

Sil - ZL2CIA (ex PA3HIL)