Re: RE: Sats for packet 9600 and software

Bill,
I use the internal TNC on UO-22 almost daily.  Receive is no problem, but you must adjust the downlink frequency (start at 435.131 MHz and go down to 435.111 MHz at end) manually since the RS-232 port is in use by the TNC.  Why didn't they build this rig with two RS-232 ports?

The only buffer problem I have run into is when you have WISP set up to automatically request DIR update, but the TNC is in it's default condition of manual-transmit-on-squelch-break.  If WISP requests multiple DIR updates and they stack up in the TNC buffer (you do not manually squelch the input (or turn off the preamp works also)), they can cause the TNC to lock up.  The radio works fine, but the TNC won't work correctly until you do a partial-reset.  The two ways to avoid this are:  1) stay alert and don't let the DIR's stack up more than about 6 or 7 deep, or 2) set the TNC up for auto-transmit before starting WISP.  There are a number of undocumented commands available in the TNC:  do a DISP and you will see quite a few common TNC commands that are just not in the manual :-)
73,
Jerry, K5OE