Primestar Oblong Dish - dremmel in hand....

With a helix feed, is there any benefit to maintaining the oblong shape of
the classic Primestar TV dish? In one dimension, I would be over
illuminating; in the other, under. Can I take out my dremmel and "cut off
the ears", and make this thing a 30" offset dish, save some space and some
wind load? What about mounting the helix in a rectangular cup, like a
Hammond aluminum box, to match the shape?

Bill
W1PA