Re: Why aren't FO satellites more popular

Hello This is Yoshi.

At 2002/04/28 05:11:39 Keith N6ORS wrote:
> The Fuji sats were made by Japanese hams. The reason they were both Mode J was
> the 2 meter downlink is seriously crowded in Japan.

  Yes it was the main reason why JAS-1/2 sats used mode-J I think.

  But I think there is another reason. The sat that has mode-B system
on it, have to be solved the problem of harmonics interfare from its
2m TX into its 70cm RX. Maybe it requires good BPF fpr both TX and RX
so it will not good for small sat.
  But the sat that has mode-J, receives 2m and transmits 70cm. 70cm
TX will not cause any harmonic trouble on its 2m RX so it will be good
for small sat design, isn't it?

  I think that is oe of the reason why many small LEO sats (not only
JAS-1/2) likes as UO-14/AO-27 uses Mode-J.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY(T88IY),V63BP
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com

My Web Page <http://plaza16.mbn.or.jp/~palau/index-hame.html>