Fw: Technology Adoption

Another way to look at this situation is to treat it as
a "technology adoption" problem. It is well established in
the technology innovation literature that new technology that
has demonstrable benefits may be rejected by the target user
due to real or perceived barriers to adopting the technology.
The benefits of the new approach may be very clear but somehow
the users can't seem to migrate to the new solution.

One way to deal with the problem is to find a different
target user. In this case of businesses, this means find a
target customer that is more willing or able to use the
new technology. (These people are sometimes referred to as
"early adopters".) Unfortunately, these people usually represent
a minority of the target market (or users, in this case).
Some technology marketing people argue that you can start with
the early adopters but you must identify and overcome the
barriers that prevent the majority of the users adopting
the new technology.  There are other strategies that can work, too.

The key point is to not let this turn into an internal AMSAT
us-versus-them kind of debate. Some of us adopt new technology more
readily than others. We need to accept this as reality and look
for strategies that overcome these barriers (whether they are
real or just imagined.)

Bob K0NR